Thursday, November 30, 2017

I've been having cravings for tapioca pudding

Inspiring book
The past two weeks I have been craving tapioca pudding. I've been making it with coconut milk to avoid using dairy products which give me more asthma. It is so good. I bought pearl tapioca and coconut milk at Sheng Tai, since it is much cheaper. 

The recipe  consists of half cup of pearl tapioca, 3 cups of coconut milk {so two cans} and they ask for 1/2 cup of sugar. I've reduced that to 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar. I soak my pearl tapioca for a few hours in one can of coconut milk, then add the other can of coconut milk and the coconut sugar, and I bring to a boil then let simmer for 8-10 minutes.  Then add 2 eggs well beaten to finish off and 1 tspn of vanilla and then let it cool down.  I've also added some crushed strawberries because I like things that taste like berries.

I then eat the pudding with walnut bits. I crave it every single day. I've been using it as breakfast instead of cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!