Thursday, November 30, 2017

Everyone who knows me knows I'm an insomniac.

Apparently there's 3 reasons.

1) Hyper-vigilance due to someone nearly killing me in my sleep as a child.   Anything and everything wakes me up

2) Autism/ADHD.  Apparently though it's known children with autism and ADHD have more sleep issues than NT children, it is only beginning to be studied. I think some thought the sleep issues were related to the medication some children took. 

This was an interesting article on the subject.

There is this article as well.. but I'm not sure I like their conclusions.  I've always had sleep issues. I suspect it might be reason I'm hyperactive. However my lack of sleep did not turn me into an imbecile.

3)  Genetic mutation that allows you to sleep less.   My grandma, my aunt, my eldest and I seem to be able to function on 2 hours less sleep than most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!