Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A tale of two Burda patterns - 7798 vs 6685

So it seems like I bought twice the same Burda pattern. But there are subtle differences.  The first pattern I bought was the Burda 6685.  I made a long sleeved shirt with a Rayon left over. For one I made it size 6 and secondly I also forgot rayon shifts and I recut it better. BIG MISTAKE. It's too tight around the shoulders. Fits funny.

Then I bought the Burda 7798 and while I was considering using it, I realized it was the same or almost same as the Burda 6685. One big difference though is that the skirt is on the diagonal. It actually helps with the fit and makes for interesting play on fabric if you are using a lined print. Also they don't suggest exactly the same fabrics. One suggests cottons, crepes and linens whereas the other suggests cotton, crepes and rayons.

Overall it is the same pattern I find, though it appears like they were drawn by a different person. The top pieces are not identical and I feel the 7798 fits better overall.  When I get a chance I will take photos of the dress and shirt I made with the 7798 and 6685 respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!