Saturday, July 29, 2017

Day 1 - We camp at PEI's National Park!

We got to Stanhope Campground in the Prince Edward Island National park by 9am. We left Montreal around 9:00pm after I had a nap.

Our site, the last one available for the two nights we wanted when we checked a few nights earlier, did not get freed before 11:30. We checked out several beaches along the long strip of land around Stanhope.

I ran into a local woman on the beach near the lighthouse. She heard my shutter going, saw me take panoramic views of the beach behind the lighthouse and asked me what type of camera I had. When I told her I clicked a lot to remember where I'd been she asked where home was.  She also told me about the beach glass festival at Souris for that week-end. Of course at first I had no idea what place she meant when she said Souris in English.  And then it hit me.



We stopped at the Blue water Grill Take-out at the Covehead Wharf for dinner though Terry wanted to try Richards. However Richards had a 20 people line-up pretty much from 5-8pm.  Funny part is that the owner of "Richards" restaurant, and sea tours is a ex pat Quebecois!



At some point we went to park to chill for a few minutes and I looked up to see the cutest little fox. Terry threw some potato chips out and she ran to eat them. Of course we're not supposed to feed the animals but how do you say no to a really cute little fox????


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!