Thursday, October 29, 2015

Relationship

It was 6 months today that I went on a date with a guy I met on OKCupid. We met in Lachine in front of the Dairy Queen and we talked for about 3 hours  We met again a few days later, this time in Lasalle, near his place and the rest, they say, is history.

From date 2 my buddy in Ireland says I was hooked. He might be right, but I was in such mental state that I didn't give it too much thought. I was at home dealing with anxiety and the only thing I'd promised my doctor is to get out of the house and go outside my comfort zone. Driving to Lasalle and hanging out with him was a good way to accomplish what I had promised so went with that and didn't ask myself too many questions.

I could tell he was more into me then the last 4-5 guys I'd met off POF. He was more attentive, said the right things, and really made me feel comfortable. For as much as I am socially inept he's actually quite sociable and friendly and he can talk to anyone. He made me feel comfortable most of the time. Im highly insecure and usually I constantly question myself, I wasn't insecure.

He works as a nurses aid and used to have a carreer as a musician. He played drummer in several bands, including Dave Moran and the Panic band. Parenthood steered him towards a carreer in health but music is in his heart. Rarely does he spend any time not drumming on things.

I've never met anyone I clicked so well with. We are so much alike in so many ways, in the little things. I'm even enjoying cuddling all night with him and anyone who knows me knows I used to prefer sleeping alone.

So it's been six months today that I've been seeing my significant other. I've not said much because I didn't want to jinx anything. I've never felt so close to anyone and it scares me shitless but at the same time it's an awesome feeling. I'm not alone in the world anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!