Friday, August 07, 2015

It's sad I think about this stuff.

You know what is sad? If you were raped or molested as a child and you have children, you spend a great deal of time worrying that it might happen to them. 

I believe I've asked both of my daughters if anything happened to them as children that somehow they weren't able to tell me about, and I got the strangest looks. No my kids were not molested or raped. And it's strange that I felt compelled to ask.

But talking to a close friend who was molested as a child, she asked her daughter the same thing once she reached adulthood. That while I'm sure like me she took every precaution to make sure it never happened to her children, she still didn't trust the world enough to think that she had succeeded.

I know very depressing thoughts, but I had to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!