Saturday, July 25, 2015

Usmania Cuisine

Friday I was corralled into going to help a friend figure out what type wedding dress suits her best. She brought along her 3 bridesmaid and her mom.  We all knew her mom was going to be difficult and we were not surprised.

At least my friend found a dress that suits her like a glove and inspiration to make her own. After the ordeal we decided to go to dinner. We figured since we were near the "Petit Alep" we'd go there. The food is out of this world. Unfortunately they take vacation at the same time as construction workers.

In the end we went to a Pakistani restaurant on Decarie near Cote Vertu metro called Usmania Cuisine. At least that was on their receipt. They had pakora's on their menu and I thought, how can I go wrong with Pakora's? When they are cooked in fucking WHEAT FLOUR. It's supposed to be chickpea flour. WTF? This great gluten free treat fucking full of gluten. THe batter looked disgusting and I could tell instantly that it was wheat.  Their lentil soup was ok. Though I was asked if I wanted it mild, medium or spicy, and I asked for Spicy. It was NOT SPICY. I would have barely qualified it as medium.  I think they look at me with my white skin and red hair and think "She doesn't want spicy"

The service was ok, the food was edible. But I would not go back. When I think of my two favourite Indian places, Pushaps and Punjab... this place sucked.  Heck even Qwality Indian food on sources has better food, and edible pakoras.

On the positive side, since we went dress shopping on ST Hubert Street, we fabric shopped at our favourite 2 places. Marina's, and this other place a block over, that sells everything for $2.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!