Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Medicated Drama Queen......

No one is the perfect parent but there's a difference between being an ok parent and being the parent from hell.  I've not always been the easiest person to deal with, but despite my shortcomings, I'm a generous, kind and caring person. I love both of my daughters, and am EXTREMELY proud of both.

You'd be amazed at the number of people I've met in my life who's parents compete with them AS ADULTS?!?!?! I understand a teen trying to compete with the parent of his gender, but for the parent to perpetuate that forever?

Both my husbands had a competitive dad. One that will never embrace their son and their son's accomplishments, because they are still too busy competing with their son. That is really pathetic. I've had several other exes with the same thing as well.

Now I just met a woman who I can tell, was jealous the minute her baby was born and the attention shifted from her to her baby. Yes it's hard when you bring a new born home, you're tired and crabby and your body aches, and everyone who comes over ooooos and awwwws over the baby.  That is NORMAL. Still competing with your 25 year old daughter isn't. You should be proud of her accomplishements, not spend all your time trying really hard to put her down.

Dunno I'm reminded of the song "The Outsider" by A Perfect Circle. THe lines "Medicated, drama queen, picture perfect, numb belligerence.  Narcissistic, drama queen, craving fame and all its decadence"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!