Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I HATE vanity sizing!


I really hate vanity sizing. When I was growing up I was wearing size 6 or size 8 and occasionally even size 10, especially for coats, because I have wide shoulders for my tiny frame.

Well after years of making my own clothes when I went back to buying clothes, I found that I was fitting in size 0, and sometimes even in 00. Back in the early 2000's I ended up weighing all of 90lbs for some time.

A few months at home and I lost most of the weight I'd put on 3-4 years ago, due to quitting smoking cigarettes and also taking Evista.  Most of the jeans I'd been buying were size 4, but they are too big on me.

So today I went to American Eagle Outfitters to try on some jeans. In the end I came home with Size 0 jeans. The size 2 I could pull off without unzipping or unbuttoning the jeans. That means after wearing them 30 minutes they will just fall down.

I find it offensive to be wearing size 0.  I'm not a waif or too skinny or unhealthy or look like a heroin addict. At 5'1" and 100lbs I had enough body fat to maintain a menstrual cycle. So I should not be a 0. I wish sizes were back to what I was wearing back in the day. Size 6 or 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!