Friday, February 13, 2015

I'm a Crazy Canuck

Thursday night despite the fact it was still snowing I decided to drive down to my friends place in the townships. On a good day, with clear roads it has taken me as little as 2 hours.  It would not be that way this time.  It took me 45 minutes to make it to the Petro-T in Kahnawake.  That was a sign of things to come.

The 30 was drive-able,  I even passed a snow removal truck which didn't much difference to be honest. I made it to the 20 and it wasn't so bad except people were mostly going between 60-70km/hr. I could not see myself driving holding my steering for dear life 4 hours. That made me anxious. So i grabbed my courage and barrelled down the highway at times as fast as 105. There were areas where the wind and drifting snow made the visibility almost nil and i did slow to 70ish at times.

The 55 was good around Drummondville but as I got deeper into the Townships the road became more covered especially after i passed the snow removal truck. The last 20 clics on the 55 were the hardest, had hard time finding the road. Of course the last bit on the country road i was going 50 and at times I wasn't sure where the road was. Fun  times.

It took me 2 hours 45 minutes holding my steering with a death grip. But I made it in one piece. Toby was mostly good on the way down and he got to spend time with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!