Saturday, February 14, 2015

Fifty shades of Unimpressed

You have to be living under a rock to not have heard about the book and now the movie "50 shades of Grey".   I don't tend to buy into the hype, and was never particularly tempted to read 50 shades of grey and the likelihood I see it in the movie theatre, given that I'm already not a fan of going to the cinema is probably nil. I think the last movie I saw in the theatre was the last "Sex and the City movie". It was with my ex husband, and it was at the Colloseum in Kirkland off Chemin Ste Marie.

Sadly lately the media, including social media is saturated with this drivel. I hear the book is extremely poorly written, and that while it posses as erotic and bdsm, really, it's nothing more then glorified abuse. Most practitioners of BDSM will tell you that the relationship between the main 2 characters is unhealthy.  It's sad that hordes of women have bought into this garbage. We already don't have enough issues with rape and consent that some yahoo makes it sound all erotic.

There is really nothing erotic about being raped.  I know there are women who like to fantasize about rape, but trust me, the real thing... well... it kills part of you inside.

So I'm 50 shades of unimpressed with society in general . It's hard to know who to trust, and who is telling the truth. Having more access to information doesn't seem to make people smarter, it seems to permit to information peddlers to convince people that their information is the truth.

I know I live in a 'democratic" society where I think I have freedom. {Well at least there is freedom of what to think inside my head.. That must count for something? }  I can run up and down the street yelling how much Steven Harper is a moron, and I won't get arrested. At worst my neighbours will call the police and I will get a nuisance ticket.

But at the same time I know that I'm only free in so far as I am a good little citizen.  50 shades of unimpressed with the government, the health care system, workers comp {CSST in Quebec}, and everything in between.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!