Friday, September 05, 2014

Gluten free Banana Bread

I made gluten free banana bread, from a recipe I found, sadly the source field was left blank.You can see a photo from previous blog here

ingredients /directions

combine:
1 cup of born rice flour
1 cup of corn flour [not cornmeal] or brown rice flour
2 tbsp of tapioca starch or corn starch
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp of baking sode
1 tsp of gluten=free baking powder

combine seperately:
3 medium-large very ripe banana mashed
2 eggs
1/3 c honey, maple syrup or agave nectar [ or 1/2 cup of sucanat or brown sugar]
2 tsp vanilla
* 1/4 - 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon or orange zest

*Optional - fold in one or all:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/3 cup - 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces or chips or carob chips
1/2 cup chopped dates, apricots, figs or or other dried fruit

Mix wet and dry ingredients until just incorporated. If adding nuts/chocolate/carob/fruits, fold it into batter. Pour into a generously greased and dusted loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for about 55 minutes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

For those who sampled my banana bread, I used only 1/4 cup of agave syrup, some orange zest,  I added walnuts,  and chopped figs.  I used a mixture of rice and corn flour. But I might experiment with other flours. I also want to try with dried mango pieces as well as with carob chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!