Friday, August 22, 2014

Excited about Canoes

Went to Sail yesterday to get some Sea to Summit, eVent dry bag-compression sacs, as well as get a butane stove for my friends birthday. When we walked in we noticed that they sell Sportspal canoes. Who knew? When I google search for dealers, that never ONCE came up.

As a friend says, great store, crappy web presence. No kidding.

They don't carry the 16ft double pointy ended canoe. Most stores do not. Apparently most people don't buy a 16ft pointed ended canoe. They tend to sell square backs and transom's at 16ft.

The only downside with the 16ft double pointy ended canoe is that it is 58 lbs. I'm not sure I can lift and put it on my truck. Whereas the 14ft pointed is 41 lbs.. which is just a few pounds heavier then my 12ft pointy Sportspal

The list of sizes and weights can be found here

So I have till sometime in February of 2015 to decide whether or not I want to order myself a 16ft pointy Sportspal canoe and it will cost in the ballpark of $1200 plus taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!