Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Little Butane Stove

Yesterday I picked up a Martin Butane stove at LeBaron. It was $15.99, normally $20.99. I asked the clerk what the difference between the $20 model, and the $30 model. According to website the $30 was indoor safe.  According to the clerk, the $20 model cooks faster, which is what you want in the bush, and is just as safe for indoors. Says his son uses to keep sauces warm in his restaurant. They also sell butane, 4 cans for $8.99. I'm told to check out Asian food stores. Butane burners commonly used by Asians so they might sell the cans of butane even cheaper. What's for sure is you should stock up before going into the bush. The stores near large provincial parks mark up their cans of fuel big time.



The thing that amuses me is that on Kijiji there are 3 butane stoves for sale. One at $20, one at $30 and one at $40.  Research made me realize it was cheaper to buy my own NEW and the lower end model is more efficient for camping purposes.

It is kind of stupid to try to sell things 2nd hand overpriced on Kijiji. Most people who look for items on kijiji are looking for bargains. A stove more expensive used then NEW will never sell!!!

Big advantage to this stove is I won't be afraid to put the butane in the slot, whereas I was afraid to connect the propane to my propane camping stove.  Also this stove can be used inside the house during power failures. Apparently takes 4 minutes to boil a cup of water. Can't go wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!