Sunday, June 29, 2014

Music in the Pines - Part III

The Sunday morning I woke up again at the crack of dawn, but didn't get out of my tent until a reasonable hour. I went to hang out next to the Octopus Garden booth again.  On Sunday I went swimming more often and realized it helped with my allergies if I dunked my head in the lake.

I also had my very first poutine, that was on the Saturday.

My first first poutine. It was a curry poutine, and delicious.
I enjoyed listening to the Sons of Scotland. Surprised I did not end up with Scotland the Brave stuck in my head, as it was their first song.  I always enjoy listening to bagpipes. Acquired taste I'm sure.

Vietnamese Spring Rolls
 Then I really enjoyed Onionhead. Though I didn't sit and listen to the set, I was swimming for a while and washing dishes for a while, I heard him sing and enjoyed it.   He did great renditions of songs I liked, like "Love me 2 times" from the Doors, and "Where did you sleep last night" which I like from Nirvana Unplugged, as well as "Foxy Lady" from Hendrix.

The group that got "Farewell to Nova Scotia" stuck in my head was Mason's Apron.   Ever since I heard the song I've been missing Cape Breton more.

I left the festival around 8pm and was back home around 9:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!