Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sometimes the people you meet.

On Saturday night a couple arrived and settled across the way from us. They seemed friendly but also fairly noisy. They kept turning on the car over and over late into the evening. And they were up at 6am, and not caring if they woke up anyone else.  I managed to go back to sleep and doze in and out until 10am and then to leave my daughter sleep I took camera and wandered off to catch birds. I did a wide detour around the couple currently inflating a inflatable raft type of flotation device.

However the husband saw me and says "So going to take pictures of the fishies".  I'm standing there half awake in my PJs, no breakfast, very braindead so I didn't even understand him at first. I said "What" ?  he repeated his question.  I looked at him with what my daughter would call an "Are you stupid" look and said "no" and wandered off to take photos, I had heard the loon and was hoping it would be close enough from that waterfront spot to get a good photo.

I over heard his wife say "Wow, she didn't stick around long enough for you to ask her anymore questions. She must have been menstruating".!!

Really?

I don't go to wildlife reserves to meet people. I go there to be one with nature. I really have no interest in starting a conservation with my neighbours. I don't mind if they ask me where the bathrooms are or what have you. But just socializing. No. I'm awkward. I'm in the woods, I want to just be with nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!