Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Memory lane

I picked up this pattern on Monday because it reminds me of the dresses my mom and I wore in the late 60's. I remember having a green dress like item D,  for my great grand parents 50th wedding anniversary, in the summer of 1968. My dress was made originally from one of my mom's dresses. She had it for one or two years and then my grandma took it apart and made it for a little girl.  My mom and grandma often resized my mom's dresses to fit me after a season or two.  I always had unique dresses to wear to special occasions.

I used to recycle clothes when my daughters were little. My parents and aunt would give me the clothes they no longer wanted, and I'd cut it and make clothes for my daughters.  I remember in particular a dress I made with one of my dad's plaid shirts. It looked so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!