Saturday, March 01, 2014

I discovered FabricLand



Apparently Fabricville only exists in the east. In the west it's FabricLand. I went to the one in Ottawa in the Nepean area. It was big.

One thing that drew me there was that they had cotton eyelet on sale for $5 a meter. Also picked up 3 flowery prints to make dresses this summer, along with a few patterns. One pattern was a steampunk style outfit, I can visualize this in black, of course.

fabrics I bought.



Then there were dress patterns. I spent a few hours in Rideau Mall in Ottawa, didn't buy anything but had fun looking at this years fashions. Will have fun making clothes again .


Got this one for $1



Quintessential hippy dress

McCalls M6027
The love McCalls M6027, I just had to have it.  When I was Googling it earlier, I stumbled upon a really cool blog called Goth It Yourself. She's taken this pattern, modified it slightly and has been making really cool dresses, this one just wowed me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!