Monday, February 17, 2014

Best made plans of Mice and men!

So two weeks ago, my friend and I decided we would drive down to Ottawa this coming week-end. We would leave Friday around lunch time and come back around dinner time on Sunday.

Well that was fine until my friend got an interview at Canada Post on that morning at 8am.  That changes completely the schedule, since my friend was going to pick up a niece to bring them to Ottawa as well.

Then last night I found out that on this Friday night, there is a Cheers reunion.  I'm really not the type for bar reunions but if there was a bar I spent many Friday nights at in my adult life, ti was the Cheers West Islands most Friday nights in 2004, 2005 and possibly 2006.  I also found out that many of the friends I used to go to Cheers to see on Friday nights will be there.  So while I hate going to these type of events, my desire to meet up with these people in a neutral ground where I don't have to make phone calls or send messages, really rocks.

So its starting to look like we're going to be going to Ottawa early Saturday morning, instead of Friday night. This would give me a chance to go to the Firm on Sources/Hymus area and socialize. While part of me is terrified as I haven't seen some people in 4-5 years, I know it won't be an issue and it would be best for my social life to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!