Saturday, January 04, 2014

Loving those vitamin C cubes

I checked for fun my blog last year and I was sick through part of my vacation. This year knock on wood, I've fought off a few things, but not gotten flu or cold yet.  Still fighting something, have had a cold sore since the 26th. I've had a few days where I was particularly lethargic too. Since I'm on vacation and had no plans I just enjoyed doing very little.

I just made another batch of vitamin C cubes.  I'm having one or two of them with most of my beverages. Be it some Tetley decaf Earl grey tea or Perrier. I'm really enjoying them as it seems that it is keeping me healthier then taking vitamins. I'm also guessing the little bit of citrus pulp I'm drinking does great things for my  entire digestive track as well.  The last batch I made I also added limes. So there was 3 limes, 2 clementines, 2 lemons, 2 oranges and 1 grapefruit. I cooked it gently for over 24 hours.  Mostly because I needed steam in the kitchen and I was enjoying the smell of cooking citrus with spices  and removing some of the dryness in the house. I had cloves, cinnamon and ginger  as spices. After it cooks I can't really taste it.

Today I have to make fruit and nut bars for me for the week and also at least one Salad that I can have at lunch time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!