Friday, January 17, 2014

I went skating today.

For the first time in years, I went ice skating today at the rink on Parc du Chemin de la Rive Boisee.  It was as much fun as I remembered it. Bonus, I had the entire pleasure rink to myself, but there was easily 8-10 dudes playing hockey. I wanted to skate an hour for my first time, knowing that my feet, legs and ankles would probably hurt for days aftewards.

Well the skates had a mind of their own and after 45 minutes the right skate decided to throw in the towel. The left skate would have done the same thing within a few minutes as well from what I can tell.

It was weird too at some point I was feeling "Hmm I relaly should tighten my skate, it's staring to feel loose, but lets go around the rink one more time and just as I'm turning into a corner I fell like my skate just fall apart. Thankfully it did not cause me to fall. But I was at the furthest point away from the cabin and I had to skate creatively to make it safely back ot the cabin and put my boots on.

I went to the nearest cobbler on St Jean/Pierrefonds near the Mourelatos and the guy, obviously middle eastern, was like "nothing to fix skates here".  


So will go to Hockey Experts tomorrow and see if they also fix skates. I mean I've had this pair since my teens. They were expensive figure skating skates that my mom gave me as a present one year, when my feet had stopped growing, so I'd have a very good pair for years.  So before the glue died, they lasted over 30 years.

I may buy myself a pair of hockey skates, as a backup pair, but I really want my skates fixed. I love my skates. It took me years to break them in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!