Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I may have called it's death prematurely.

Today at lunch time I went to Canada computers and bought a brand new Linksys router, the EA4500.  I got home, re-checked the old router, still flashing like a Christmas tree. So unshrinkwrapped the new router. Put the CD into the player, and before putting hte new router up I started to untangle all the wires to unplug the power cord from the power bar.  I looked at the power supply that took forever to discharge and pondered if maybe NOW the router would work. And it did.  I've got it re-configured and back online with it.

 For removing the shrinkwrap there is at least a 5% restocking fee, and it's a nice router.  So I decided I was going to configure it this week-end. At least for tonight it's working. So I will have a backup router in case something goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!