Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Good session

I had a good therapy session. I was annoyed at myself for getting so angry at the moron in our help-desk on Friday. I even left work at noon, because I was too angry to focus, be productive or have the patience for my interns.  My boss was really supportive too. The only thing he told me is that the moron at the help-desk is not even worth my anger.  He's right too.

It's so nice that my boss supports me. Of course it helps we've probably been working together for 17 years now.  I joke he's the longest relationship I've had with a male not related to me.  But it's the truth. And at least most of the time these days I feel supported when I have problem. It probably helps that I can identify my problems bettter and know how to ask for help.

To get back to the session, I described how angry I got. How I left work at noon, and went home. I spent about 1 hour on my ADHD forum on Facebook and some of my friends from the UK were in a silly bantering mood, and after spending an hour with them, I was in a great mood.  I love those people to bits. I have never met any of them in real life, but they are sometimes my saviour.  I even ended going skating and that was so therapeutic, until my fucking skates broke!!!!

But I didn't fume all week-end. Though I was apprehensive to take a voice mail from the said help-desk moron yesterday, in the end it was just to tell me equipment was in. I did get animated describing how angry I was at the guy... because I can always relive those anger moments.

Therapist pointed out that I dealt well with my anger. Even though I still got angry.  So I'm seeing the positive. I also didn't get angry at myself for getting angry. Just annoyed.  Like when am I going to learn that it is pointless to get angry over things I have no control over or morons that I know are just morons!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!