Tuesday, October 08, 2013

My first digital Camera


My little SONY DSC-S70, that my dad gave me as a combo gift, as a get well gift after  hernia surgery December 13th 2000, my birthday on the 15th as well as Christmas  that year.  Although he went to get it with me in early December I did not play with the new camera until after the surgery. I figured it would keep me busy while being stuck at home convalescing not being able to do much.

I loved my little Sony camera, and it took a full year after I got my first SLR to use the SLR more then the older Sony. I had gotten excellent at taking photos with that camera even anticipating how slow the camera was, and how still I had to be to get non-blurry shots. Heck I could anticipate when my daughter would kick a soccer ball so I would get it just as the ball got in the air :)

I stopped dragging it around everywhere in 2012. A full twelve years after I got it. I still drag 2 cameras around but they are both dSLR's now.

Two things I love the most about digital cameras. One, you can take endless amount of shots, so you get at least one shot with good lighting and non blurry, and the 2nd you don't need to put film in.  Film was my nemesis.

This little camera was my first digital love. At 3.3Mp for 2000 it was an expensive kick-ass camera. Of course compared to either of my SLR's its nothing special now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!