Saturday, October 05, 2013

35mm Camera's of my past

Yashika Minister D >-< Praktica LTL-3 >-< Pentax K1000

I'm not sure if I've used both of my dad's 35mm camera's. The first one, the Yashika Minister D is pretty much as old as I am. This may well be the first 35mm camera I ever used.   I would think my dad had this camera when he arrived in Canada. The 2nd one is the Praktica LTL3. This one I remember using in my late teens, when going on trips with my parents. I think my dad picked it up in the mid 70's.  My dad would send me in places he could not longer access due to his muscular dystrophy. It was then that I was first told I had an eye for photography.I have a telephoto lens, which I'm guessing is for the Praktica. I also have a flash for it.

The third one, the Pentax K1000, was bought by my ex-husband as a good amateur photographer camera in the mid 1980;s. It is the quintessential 'student's camera'. It was produced for so many years and so many people had one.  I ended up with it a year after we split up because he realized he rarely ever took photos and if we both wanted photos of our daughters it was best if I had the camera. This was the camera I used until I got my first digital camera.  The only problem is that I CANNOT put film in a camera. The number of film I have destroyed just trying to get it in!!! And film was never cheap. Usually I'd ask my dad or ex-husband to put the film in. That way I'd be sure I would not fuck it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!