Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Who knew gluten free bread could taste so good?

When I was visiting at a friend of a friends this past week-end I stumbled upon a gluten free bread called "Romano bean bread". I read the ingredients and there was nothing else I coulnd't have so I tried a piece, with a bit of margarine. I didn't even bother to toast it, though generally I prefer toasted bread. It was so good. Most of the gluten free bread I've bought at the stores around here are made with rice flour and to be honest, it makes a crappy bread. I'm not much of a corn bread fan either.

This bread had good texture and taste. Left me feeling satisfied and content. Unlike any other gluten free bread.  So luck would have it I found 2 other breads from the same bakery, a White bean bread with grape skin flour and a 'breakfast bread', also made with a white bean flour. The bakery is from Toronto called Yoshi's Sweets.

So far since I got the bread home I've made myself a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner 3 nights in a row. With the white bean with grape skin flour bread and kashkaval cheese. Oh what a delight. Who knew gluten free bread could taste so good. This is gourmet grilled cheese and gluten free to boot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!