Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mother-Daughter camping trip - Part 3

Lac Temiscouata
Got woken up at 7am by a pair of blue jays screeching. So I went to the beach to stalk the eagle. Alas he did not pearch on the dead tree, but I did see him swoop across the lake once. I spent 2 hours just enjoying the sound of the wind on the water. Also took photos of various other birds.

After breakfast I went walking for about an hour walking along the road the park personel take to do daily rounds to the canoe-camping site twice a day. I was disappointed because I did not see any deer or moose. Not animals bigger then a blue jay. Saw many jays, chickadees and other birds.

Wild strawberries

Ate many wild strawberries. These were bigger then the wild strawberries that grow in my lawn in Montreal. They are so tasty!


Around 3pm we canoed back to the car, and went to take some photos of Lac Temiscouata, and the Garden of memories - where there were tons of dragonflies. We did walk a bit along the memories trail, but it was boring so we did not do the entire trail.

Looking at the riviere Touladis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!