Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mother-Daughter Camping trip - part 1

Blue Jay was first one to say "hello"
We both left our respective homes at 8am Montreal time. I got there around 2pm, my eldest daughter got there around 5pm.  While I waited in the parking lot of the Petit Lac Touladis visitor center there was no internet so I took photos, walking around the truck, and went inside to ask the girl about the best places to canoe in the park.

By the time my daughter arrived and we went to reserve a campsite, there was no regular campsites available at l'anse a William. Only canoe-camping sites. How fortuitous that I had taken my 'new' 12ft canoe. We hadn't planned to go canoe camping but we had no choice.  The advantage of having my own canoe, meant we could park our vehicles at the picnic area of Grand Lac Touladis, which is a 1/2 km ride to the canoe-camping sites. If we had to rent canoes, it would have been an 8km canoe ride.


red-throated loon seen on a pond on Sutherland trail

In the end it was probably a much nicer quieter camping experience because there are 5 canoe camping sites on Grand Lac Touladis.Other then the sound of the loons and the songs of the frogs you don't hear much. In fact I would say this is the quietest place I've even been camping in a provincial or federal park. You don't even hear road noises, it was awesome.
Sunset on Grand Lac Touladis seen from campsite


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!