Thursday, July 18, 2013

Driving - it's not a competition.

I'm not sure what's up with some of the drivers I encounter on long road trips. Especially on 2 lane roads, where the left lane is for "passing" slower traffic.  Usually on such roads, I set cruise control and pretty much don't touch my speed unless I need to slow down for a slow truck.

So when I realize I'm creeping up on someone, I don't wait till I'm sitting on their bumper, I change lanes and start passing the car. There's a percentage of drivers, who are going slower then you, who decide to speed up at that moment. So while you're trying to pass them at the same speed you've been going for the past hour, these morons decide that this is the time to race or compete with you. Why I have no clue. If you want to go faster NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU, just go faster. But if you're slower then I am when I reach your car, don't speed up just while I'm passing you!!!!

I had dozens of people, mostly WOMEN do this on the road. You really want to be in front, go fast, you don't want to go fast, then don't play I'm going faster then you while I'm trying to get around you. Do you really think I'm going to go 150km per hour just to pass you and get a ticket? No honey, I won't. But one day you will be playing this game and YOU will be getting a ticket because someone else will just keep going faster with you until you're both ticket candidates.





1 comment:

  1. This angers me in NB especially when I cruise at a super reasonable 125 and just continuously go around people. Then this one car, some ugly gray thing with one of its headlights burnt was playing some really weird game of racing and slowing down. I passed him a couple of times and then had him pass me soon after, but he'd go really fast for like 10 mins to get past people and then go into the slow lane and do like 115ish. I consider that dangerous driving, especially when at some point myself and a bigger truck type vehicle were in the fast lane to pass some transport truck and that gray car just cuts off the truck in front of me then breaks in his face and then moves back to the slow lane... eventually he got ahead of me again at some point and then just pulled over to the shoulder for some reason. :X

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!