Monday, July 08, 2013

Catalpa tree I planted is flowering!

Catalpa tree 7' tall!
Cluster of Catalpa flowers
Some years ago, I started from a seed given to be by a co-worker a catalpa tree. I remember the first winter, it spent in a pot on my front porch and I thought it was dead by the next spring, especially since it didn't grow a leaf till sometime in July!But it survived it's first year and I planted it in the yard. This year it's about 7' tall and I noticed Friday that it was FLOWERING!!! I'd never seen it flower!

Catalpa flower
Trumpet Crawler
Trumpet Crawler
It also seems that whenever I complete neglect my trumpet crawler, it is then that it flowers. I'd only seen it flower once, but this time, it just went all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!