Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 9: Mayflower Mall in Sydney and Mira River Provincial Park.

Train bridge near Grand Narrows
It rained all night and we packed up in the pissing rain. Drove around the Bras d'or lake going by Grand Narrows, to reach Sydney. Wanted to check out the biggest Mall, most likely one of the few malls in Cape Breton, the Mayflower Mall in Sydney.


IT's a big sprawling mall and like malls in other parts of the country, there were a few unrented shops. And while it's small compared to say Carrefour Laval, it is a good mall considering the size of Sydney :)  I spent 2 hours in the mall and didn't buy anything. I wasn't in a mood for shopping. I wasn't in the mood for much after driving 4 hours in the rain and being told I was impossible to be in a car with didn't improve my mood either.

View on Mira River from our campsite
We then drove to Mira River provincial park, where I was told "Welcome to camping in the pissing rain". The irony was that it was NOT pissing rain, but sunny at that point. I took advantage of this, and lay the tent fly on the ground for about an hour to completely dry it.

My only complaint about Mira River Provincial park was the lack of adequate showers for women. Despite there being 2 women's bathrooms with showers, one bathroom was completely closed for renovations, and the other only had 1 of it's 2 shower stalls working. However if you hung anything on the door it got soaked. The water just sprays the entire stall. There is no place to put your clothes nearby. I had seen the spray on the damn shower and left my clothes on the counter next to the sinks. I was able to do that since I was one of the few people camping. I would hate to see it filled to capacity like this week-end with 250 sites and only ONE SHOWER!!!!! Here's hoping the staff had all the plumbing fixed for Canada day
week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!