Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 8: Baddeck and Whycocomagh provincial Park


Today we stayed put, and drove around Whycocomagh and went to check out the scenic village of Baddeck. We spent about 2 hours wandering around Baddeck but left a touch disappointed. For starters there isn't much opened on Sunday's in Cape Breton other then some tourist shops.  The tourist shop with the most unique merchandise had NOTHING my size.

We came back to park to register for a second day, and then went for a wifi lunch. It's only a few metres on the main road to get from Whycocomagh provincial park to Charlene's Bayside dinner and nursery.  But on that short stretch of road I saw another bald eagle. While I was driving of course. By the time I parked at the dinner, it was gone!!!

Twice in 2 days, what are the odds? The chowder at the dinner and the fries were awesome. Service was slow, and we ended up waiting more then 30 minutes for our food, but I'm guessing since it was mid afternoon they might not have expected so many patrons. The place was absolutely full, as soon as a table would clear it would fill.

So far I've seen 2 bald eagles and 2 hummingbirds but I can't prove either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!