Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 7: We leave the cabot trail and to go Whycocomagh provincial park

Broadcove, where sea meets river.
This blog was first written in a steno pad I had with me in the tent. Well when I woke up this morning, I found it wet with tea. The plastic bag I had been keeping it in had been compromised and apparently I spilled tea.
Broadcove


Last night I had put my sony battery in a battery charger and left it to charge in the women's bathroom around 9pm. THere was also two mobiles left to charge as well as a Nikon battery in a charger.  I come back 2 hours later, all that is left charging is the Nikon. Mine is gone. My gut told me that someone had picked up the wrong battery charger. I went back around 5am, and still my charger was missing. By 9am it had re-appeared but I had to keep it there till 10am, for the battery to be fully charged. So I was correct that someone had made mistake and at least I had my charger and battery.
Bras d'or Lake seen from Whycocomagh provincial park

We went back to black brook and spent maybe 45minutes there in hopes of seeing an eagle but no such luck. So I started driving towards the Ingonish entry to pay my last night in the park . Just before we got to the chalet to pay, we saw a bald eagle swooping by very close to the car.

We then drove from Ingonish to Whycocomagh, making a pit stop for a lunch in a restaurant at the Lobster Galley Restaurant and Gift shop.  Their Aspy Bay mussels were delicious.

We got a campsite at Whycocomagh provincial park that did not have a view on beautiful Bras d'Or lake but rather that was surrounded by trees for shelter against the wind for our tent. THe bugs here were ferocious. THere was mosquitoes, black flies and noseeums.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!