Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 3: We leave Oromocto for Murray Beach Provincial Park

Love the effect of the sea/sky here.
 We left Oromocto around 2pm, and drove to Murray Beach Provincial park. It pissed the who way there practically but by the time we got there and set up our campsite, it was not raining. The mosquitoes were voracious. It didn't help that they had just cut the grass. But on the beach there were no mosquitoes so we hung out on the beach until it started to rain. We saw a pair of foxes, lots of birds, ravens, and sparrows flying by 2's by 3's and by 4's.

Fox likes hanging on in cemetery

Oh look a fox!
It was interesting at some point I thought I heard a bee so I stopped walking around with my camera and stood still. It was a hummingbird who stopped for about 10 seconds in front of me as if to say hello and then he zoomed off. I'm guessing it was a Ruby throated hummingbird because  the colour I noticed was red. Even though I was holding camera with telephoto lens, I was so stunned to see him looking at me, I didn't even react.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!