Monday, May 06, 2013

New batch of interns today

This summer I'm only allowed 3 interns because some moron manager in another division asked for an unrealistic number of interns, so the guy deciding cut everyone's numbers drastically. Even those who had realistic numbers. So despite needing 6 interns I got 3.  I'm not stressing out over it, in fact I'm just going to take all my vacation this summer. Not going to stress over the fact I'm short staffed during vacation time. 

I'm praying that because we lack quantity that we will get quality. I had one intern that finished 2 weeks ago, that I never want to see again. I've never seen anyone want to work but do anything but the tasks assigned. Or to do them in such a way that he's completely unproductive and leave a huge mess behind.  The funny part is how clueless he was. A couple of weeks before his stage was over he asks me if he can use me as a reference and I answer "I'm not sure you want to do that, I'm very honest and you may not like my answers". And he looked at me completely puzzled.  Read between the lines. He fucked up bad and I gave him a chance to redeem himself in another job without adding my 2 cents. I hope he does better in that job, because his career in engineering isn't going to go particularly far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!