Friday, May 24, 2013

Missed Opportunity

We had planned to go camping this week-end with friends, but I was just too burned out. Sometimes being out in the wilderness is what gives me back my energy, and I was hoping for that. but it didn't happen camping last week-end despite being really spectacularly beautiful and even though there were people there, not enough to really affect my mood.

This has been a bad spring. I've been more depressed then usual and struggling with more then usual. Perhaps being spring has been delayed and I seem to just not get enough light, not get enough sleep, not get enough of anything.

Was hoping to go to Mastigouche and cross Lac Sorcier again but it will be for another time. Spent an evening this week chatting with a girlfriend about all the canoe trips we want to do. And I went today to check out for Nova scotia and there are 2 rivers that have maps in Cape Breton for canoeing them.

This summer, if I get the chance I want to go to Parc de LaVerandrye. Have not gone there since my teens. But it was the place I had the best seafood chowder ever, fed to us by a random guy fishing and cooking at the parc!

I also want to go back to Parc Frontenac, and this time canoe on Lac St Francois. The campsites I've had in that parc were perfect for canoeing. Would also be fun to go at a different time then late August and October, as I'd like to see the bog at another time of the year.

We also want to go back to the La Tuque area to pick blueberries in August and freeze them and hope to have some for all winter, since I eat blueberries in my cereal every morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!