Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Ringworm

It is a fairly common fungal infection which ends up looking like circles on your body. I had what I thought was a scratch mark from a cat, but eventually after almost 2 weeks of it just not healing, I clued in from the way it started to look, that it was ringworm.

The only time I caught ringworm before was from a cat, who had a fairly severe infection. Here I cannot find that any of my 3 cats are infected, but perhaps their foot carried it?  It also looked about the size of a nickel with definite red circle and white middle. This originally looked like the end of a catch scratch. The rest of the mark healed, but one tip didn't and as it continued to fester, only then did it start looking like a circle.

I finally clued into the fact it was ringworm last Friday and stopped at Pharmacy to get an anti-fungal cream. By the time I got it home, I had 3 other small circles that had formed lower on my arm. They looked more like horseshoes then circles. Two applications of anti-fungal cream on those made them go away.  The original spot however is different. It's healing, but each time I put cream on it, there's a burning sensation for about 30 minutes. I will have to cream it for about a month to make sure i does not come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!