Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Good news yesterday.

When I post, I usually talk about bad things. Today I'm going to talk about good things. I've had to help my boss with employee evaluations for my team and he also went through my evaluation.

I was amazed going on 21 years in this company, that I'm still seen as a great asset.  My boss said he wished he had several people as productive as I am and as gifted to find the problems with the things we test. He also said he wished he had more people with initiative who can work without supervision.

The things that had me amused, he said he can always count on me for doing things right the first time. Also that I'm very well organized. That's when I blurted out during our meeting that I had ADHD and he looked at me stunned, and said "Well then, you do very very well for yourself" :)

The 2 criticisms he had 1) The fact that I can be moody [But he added that I am far less moody then when he first started being my manager] 2) I don't embrace new things. It takes me a while to come around.  This is not new and is so related to ADHD.

Sadly it didn't amount to anything bigger then a 2% raise. [Most people got between 1-2% ] But if all I cared about was $$$ I would have left there a long time ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!