Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I have such lens envy it's not even funny

Despite the fact that I now own  5 alpha mount lenses, 3 Sony and 2 Minolta's I still have lens envy.  I LOVE my newest new lens, the Sony SAL1650 f2.8. It takes amazing photos in dim lighting. The downside is that it's heavy. I actually spend time typing on my laptop wearing weights to strengthen my wrists, so that when I spend time outside taking photos I don't tire too fast!

One of the lenses I want is a Tamron 10-24mm f3.5-4.5, real nice wide-angle lens, for taking northern light photos.  I also want a fish-eye lens for northern lights as well. Then I want a paparazzi lens, the Tamron 200-500mm  f5. -6.3. Weighs  1.2kg, like close to 3 lbs.  It needs it's own tripod, and best used when you don't have to lug it for 3 hours. However, I'm sure it would be awesome for taking photos of birds and other wild life.

1 comment:

  1. Yea I have issues with big lenses... my new camera even is onthe heavy sde for me ... two things help usuing my neck strap wraped around my arm for a brace and using a monopod.... even if its just used to brace the camera on my belt

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!