Sunday, January 27, 2013

It was DOA

Yes my new hard disk was dead on arrival. I picked it up on Friday from Canada Computers at their West Island store. If you work or live in the area and you're a geek check it out. 

So I was all happy to have gotten this Samsung 1 TB 2.5" laptop drive. I take apart my Thinkpad Edge E40 to insert the new hard disk. I power on laptop and it hangs at the Lenovo Splash screen. I put back the old defective seagate and it finds a bootable device and attempts to boot.

So I try the Samsung in my monoprice docking station and it just makes clicking sounds. So back to Canada Computers I went. They took it back and ordered me another one. Crossing fingers and toes that this will be a good drive.

I miss my Thinkpad Edge E40. It's such a nice laptop. And I was on the Lenovo site just now, and I see they are going to support Windows 8 on the laptop. I noticed they had a new BIOS and new drivers for Windows 8. I'm not likely to ever install it, but I love the fact they provide the support.  I can't wait to get hrd disk and be up and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!