Saturday, August 11, 2012

All dressed up and nowhere to go!

So yesterday I stayed home and did absolutely nothing. I had worked all my hours from Monday to Thursday, so I could take Friday off. My gf was going up to Ottawa for the day and offered to take me up. I figured I'd visit my friend. Apparently it was not to be. He had 3 doctors appointment that day. The only day in the month where he had any plans!

So I figured I had the day off we could go canoeing. But I checked the weather at the park I was planning to go to, and it was going to drizzle in the morning followed by thunderstorms in the afternoon. Since it's not safe to be on the water during a thunderstorm and besides, I don't like being outside in rain in general, we did not go canoeing. 

I also messaged my friends I went canoe-camping with last month, knowing it was last minute, but they had already made plans. But I've learned over the years that it's better to ask and be told friends are busy, then to find out in a few weeks that they were free that day and could have enjoyed your company! 

In the end I stayed home and decided to watch "Without a Trace" all over again. The weather was not appealing at all and after the cleaning lady had left, I had no motivation to do anything or go anywhere. It probably didn't help that I couldn't sleep till about 4am and I woke up at 6:30am like I would if I had work that day!

Maybe today I will go to Canadian Tire to see if they have the Abu Garcia fishing rod in stock. I was going to pick it up last week-end however the clerk told me rather apologetically before giving me a rain-check "We list having 7 in stock but no one has been able to locate them at this point".  The rod is normally $79.99 and was on sale at $29.99 and has excellent reviews. I need a new fishing rod. I love mine, but I got it I was 10 years old. I need one that is a bit sturdier :)

Went to Ikea with my gf last Wednesday night. I impressed myself, by spending only $25 there, and for that price, other then light bulbs for my little star lamps in my bedroom, I got a LED flashlight, and a small broom/dustpan set to use camping.  There tends to be lots of sand that accumulates in the bottom of the tent. would be good to get it out just before putting tent away. Now equipped to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!