Saturday, August 11, 2012

Abu Garcia spinning reel fishing rod

Today I went to 2 Canadian Tires before I managed to buy the Abu Garcia fishing rod. Last week at the Canadian Tire in Kirkland, the clerk admitted sheepishly that while tehy showed 7 in stock no one could locate them. This week when I came back I got help from a different clerk and she too, came back sheepishly to say that they could not locate any of the fishing rods. That's when I went to the Canadian Tire on Sources, and then had just received 3 so he was able to fetch one for me from the stock room.

I like the name. Abu in arabic means father of. And Garcia reminds me of Jerry Garcia and the Grateful dead. Somehow it makes me think the fishing rod will be very zen. 

It's a spinning reel and I have no idea how to us it. I did a piss poor job of putting the line on, but I figure I need to learn how to do it. I looked at videos but it wasn't helpful. I can't follow. Yay ADHD! 

Reading the instructions doesn't help either because I get confused by the names and the way instructions are written. AGHhhh.  I did the reel twice. The 2nd time was much better then the first, but I'm sure it wasn't good enough. And at the same time I just wanted to go out in the rain [and we all know I hate being outside in the rain. I feel like I'm going to melt if I get wet], and try the new rod out, even in the back river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!