Wednesday, July 11, 2012

We caught some fishies last night

The fish we caught died overnight due to lack of oxygen!
Both my gf and I caught some Dore. They weren't really big, and I doubt the biggest fish she caught was longer then 8 inches, my longest one was probably closer to 6 inches.

We put all the fish in my bucket, but it was too small to keep them alive overnight. They were all dead by morning. She taught me how to clean them and scale them.

My grandma taught me how to fish when I was just a wee little girl. She taught me how to make my own fish line with a pole, some thread and a hook. She even showed me how to worm a hook, but she never taught me how to clean or scale them. 

Delicious Dore just about to be eaten!
So I had the fish - and let me tell you it was some of the freshest fish I had ever eaten. My friend decided that one of the 6 fish we caught didn't look good, so we got rid of  that one and I put the other five in aluminum foil, put a bit of margarine and some salt and pepper and tossed them into the fire.  It took little time to cook, and would have been yummier if I'd had a lemon. I'll know next time I go fishing to also bring lemon and aluminum foil to cook the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!