Thursday, July 12, 2012

They made a trip to the depanneur

Sunset in the woods
I didn't think I could find my way, so my friends made the 5 hours trip to the depanneur without me. I enjoyed the peace and quiet of being alone on my side of the island.

With the exception of the dog who came to say hello a few times, I was left to my own devices. My friend had left quite a few sick trees he had saw down earlier, so I cut some of the trees into firewood. We got this cool saw called the Sawvivor

It is portable and easy to carry and can saw any tree you need to cut into firewood. Very good camping purchase. MUCH SAFER to use then an AXE, and even I can cut wood with it :)

I went to the North west tip of the island to take sunset pictures. While I was walking through the woods to find a good angle for more sunset pictures I heard some weird sound so I started to look if it was a bird or a bug, turns out it was a hummingbird and I managed to see it.

But since it was dusk I wasn't able to get a really good shot of it even though I was using my telephoto lens. However I am pleased since this is the first time EVER I have been able to photograph a hummingbird. I think this was a ruby-throated one, but I could be wrong.


Hummingbird in pine tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!