Monday, July 09, 2012

The maturity of some people.

Later in the day we went to hang out on the other side of the island. I brought my fishing gear and my friend brought his guitar with him. He sat around playing guitar while I fished.

I believe the others had gone out to get some wood, and when they came back they decided it was a good time to swim but decided to go swim at the southern tip of the island so that they wouldn't be in the way of my fishing.

At some point we hear loud singing and we notice 5 canoes paddling past our island each with 3 people in them. As they passed the tip of the island they broke into song about "nude people bathing on the beach".  It was obvious there was 12-13 of them who were teens probably on a summer camp outing. It turns out our friends had been skinny dipping, and seriously if you're a teen and you've never seen someone naked, it's about time you do!  I mean we're all naked under our clothes!

Group of singing teens on the lake.
Here's an interesting fact, bathing suits didn't exist until the 18th century.  People tended to strip either down to their underclothes, or naked to swim. I will still wear a 2 piece bathing suit. The thought of getting a sunburn on my breasts has never appealed to me... but I did go in at dusk without any clothes... and without the risk of these teens coming back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!