Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday we travelled to Parc Grand-Jardins

As always whenever I go somewhere I always seem to find the worst way. I had google mapped the directions and apparently perhaps because I chose to travel on the north shore with the 40 rather the on the south shore with the 20 and re-adjusted, it sent me to Parc des Grand-Jardins through the Laurentide Wildlife reserve. It was the path less travelled. In fact we spent maybe two hours driving on a dirt road in the forest through the wildlife reserve.  In some areas we drove through there was still over a foot of snow.

Second time this year it's warn enough to wear sandals and there is snow on ground :)


The animals  I saw in the wildlife reserve included a couple of wild partridges, several porcupines, and the rear quarters of  a young moose as he ran down a side road as I drove past.  One animal that was just about everywhere I went was the crow.

Crow flying around the top of Mont-du-lac-des-Cygnes
At the camp site I saw 3 times a hummingbird, several sizes and styles of butterflies, squirrels, chipmunks, hare, toad and crows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!