Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gardening should be zen

I generally enjoy gardening, except the past few years. I don't enjoy it as much. Mostly because I go out on my property to garden and one of three things happen. One of my neighbours decides s/he wants to chat, or my neighbours kids are out on their property and screeching while playing , or lastly, the neighbours dog barks non stop because he feels I'm on his territory. 

So gardening in my own yard loses it's zen. There's also the neighbours mowing their lawn or cutting down a tree, or leaf blowing that could also spoil the mood, because it's loud and obnoxious.

Of course now that I'm inside I'm not hearing the screaming kids anymore, but I'm kinda turned off. I like to start working on weeding or cleaning a flower bed and just getting lost in my mind while I just work. I never get the chance, I keep being assaulted by sounds and stimulation that I desperately do NOT NEED!

I look forward to being in the middle of nowhere so that I can be zen in my own garden. Heck I could be naked in my garden and no one would know or care for that matter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!