Sunday, April 22, 2012

For some reason everything I made included chickpeas!

I did a bit of veggie cooking this week-end to compensate all the meat I cooked the week-end before. I made my great grand-ma's pig feet stew with meatballs with meat that was left to me by my friends departure. 

The first thing I made yesterday was a chickpea curry. I used this recipe, but instead of using 1 tablespoon of curry, I used tbsp of berbere spice I made several months ago for an Ethiopian lentil stew. I served it over brown rice and it was incredibly good. 

I also made an 8 bean salad. I use green and yellow wax beans, along with 6 bean mixes, which generally includes chickpeas. I season it with olive oil and red wine vinegar and to give it extra tang I put a 1/2 tsp of berbere spice. 

Today I made some chickpea farinata. I'm not sure if there was too much water in the recipe or if I accidentally put too much water. I mean it's tasty but way way too moist.  The last thing I made was some hummus balila, which also includes chickpeas, in a dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!