Friday, February 17, 2012

IS police brutality on the rise in Montreal ?

I have no statistics on the matter, but I know what recently happened. I know we had a vigil for Farshad Mohammadi, he was homeless and was the first death in Montreal in 2012  - shot by SPVM. They claimed he had a knife. What? 2 trained police officers cannot disarm a man with a knife without killing him? 

Then I heard about the student protest, where police got brutal with them, never mind the protest yesterday morning at Tour de la bourse where some of my friends got pepper sprayed! 

This morning I go read in our media team group and someone is telling us that the SPVM shot one of his best friends. The man was suicidal. Wow so the police shot him. Article here. We'll be organizing a vigil for him and against police brutality. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a comment!