Monday, January 23, 2012

Occupons Entrelacs - and my life gets busy and complicated!

Wow. I hadn't realized that I hadn't managed to blog in a week. Also I hadn't really noticed!

Admittedly this week has been a busy week. This was the second week with my batch of new students. They are all great choices, but since they are new they are full of questions. But my choices were good. These are eager to learn students. CJ in HQA has been giving them all hardware training and is having them compete assembling a system.

CJ and I grade the students not only on if the PC boots and windows is installed, but also attention to detail. Like are the cables passed funny and awkward. Are all the drivers installed in the OS? So his student and my students are competing to as who assembled the system the best and we'll tell them who is 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 ... and what they did wrong. Of course this is being done in a constructive way to teach them all about quality assurance and pride in doing the job right the first time.

Other then that since the camp at Occupy Montreal got taken down, I've let two people squat  here from time to time and I suspect as time progresses it might be more. So I've been more busy.   For a girl that was almost a hermit until this summer, I'm sure socializing way more then ever. Here's the thing, I'm tolerating being with people a lot fairly well at the moment.  Considering I just spent the week-end with about 10 people or so most of the time with me, I'm remarkably chipper. :)

I've also developed feelings for one of the people that has been living with us. I suspect this person will be in my life a lot in the future. Hubby likes him a lot too, we enjoy having him around. I thought I originally met this person because he was one of the animators on the Occupy Montreal livestream, but it turns out he was the guy helping my buddy John put up the tarp at the People's kitchen on October 15th. We're all part of the Occupation movement's independent media team.

A small group of us went to Occupy Entrelacs this week-end, and I wandered around entrelacs so my friend could get his 'stock shots' for the news report he's preparing.  It permitted me to get particularly stunning photo's of St Emile church in the process :)

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photo. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Have a nice day too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a comment!